Garage Door Safety Tips in Oklahoma City
A garage door is normally the largest moving object in your home and this should be properly maintained and operated. When people think of household hazards, they often overlook garage doors especially the older models which can be quite dangerous. While they play a huge role for your storage, home projects, play and the like, they also have many safety and security challenges. If something happens, it is best to have professionals come in immediately for you garage door repair in Oklahoma.
Our team at Byerley Services has come up with a few safety tips that you can follow in order to keep everyone and everything away from danger:
- The garage door opener control button is not a toy. It would be best to keep it out of reach of small children because if misused, it can cause very serious injuries or even death.
- Whenever the garage door is opening or closing, children as well as adults should never stand, run, or play near it.
- Make sure to review the owner's manual in order to understand and learn how to use the garage door's emergency release feature.
- When you open or close your garage door, keep an eye on it until the door is fully opened and closed, so that you are aware that nothing enters or exits as your door is opening or closing.
- Avoid putting your hands or fingers near the door section as it opening or closing to avoid any injuries.
- Inspect your garage door every month by looking at its springs, rollers, cables, pulleys, and other signs of wear or tear. If you have no knowledge regarding garage doors, do not attempt to adjust, repair, or remove any of the parts. Instead, it is best to hire a professional who has the knowledge, skills, and tools to do your garage door repair in Oklahoma.
- Test the reversing of your garage door. If it does not reverse smoothly, then this should be a sign for you to call up a professional to come inspect and fix it. Otherwise, you can replace the opener with a new one that offers more safety features.
- If you go for trip and won't be home for several days, it is recommended to unplug the garage door opener unit or use a lock console security switch, which is usually an optional accessory to many openers.
- Do not leave your garage door partially open. When it is activated again, it may move downward and come in contact with the object that is in its path.
- If your garage door does not have a rolling-code, which usually changes the access code when the opener is used, it is best to change the manufacturer's standard access code on the opener as well as the remote control. Otherwise, you can consider installing a brand new model that offers you more safety features that are now standard in newer models.
Now that you are aware of a few safety tips for your garage door, you want to make sure that everyone in your household know about them. Review them with everyone in your household, especially with children. Our team at Byerley Services want to make sure that you and your family know how to operate and maintain your garage door system so that you are safe at all times. However, if you find yourself in a situation where you do not know what to do, you can call usup at 405-769-3251 for your garage door,and we will fix your problem quickly and efficiently.
At, Byerley Services, we want you to have the house you've always dreamed of. So if you need to install a garage door or other house elements such as a gate or a vinyl fence in Oklahoma City, we have the expert crew to handle all your projects. Give us a call and let's talk about your next home improvement plan.